8 November 2012
To: CSU-Pueblo Faculty
From: Dr. Richard Kreminski
Interim Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs
Re: Faculty Development Grants
For the past 5 years, CSU-Pueblo has been able to offer full-time faculty the opportunity to seek support for faculty development. I am pleased to announce that we will again be able to provide this opportunity for AY2012-13.
- $40,000 of funding will be available for professional development expenses incurred during the 2012-2013 academic year.
- Applications must be submitted through the department chair’s office and forwarded to the Provost with the dean’s recommendation. APPLICATIONS ARE DUE TO DEPARTMENT CHAIRS BY MONDAY AFTER THANKSGIVING BREAK (November 26). Beyond that requirement, there are no limits on what activities or equipment may be requested, although individual colleges may elect to set appropriate restrictions and priorities.
- All full time faculty and tenured faculty are eligible to apply. However, due to limited resources this year, priority will be given to untenured, tenure-track faculty. As occurred last year, a committee of faculty will make recommendations to the Provost for final approval.
- Grant funding is available to cover 75% of ACTUAL expenses, not to exceed $1,000 (e.g. if you have $1,000 in actual expenses, the grant will cover $750). When appropriate, chairs or deans may choose to supplement the request to help cover the full amount required.
- Reimbursements will be issued based on validated expenses.
- Notifications will be made to faculty prior to the semester break.
- Faculty Development grant funds must be expended no later than August 1, 2013.
- Departments must have prior approval from the provost’s office before charging expenditures/travel to the Faculty Development source code.
If you have any questions about faculty development grants, please feel free to speak with your dean or with me.