Documented procedures assist in ensuring that repetitive processes are completed in a consistent and predictable manner.
Comprehensive documentation will assist your department in the following areas:
• Operational Needs - Written procedures ensure that fundamental processes are performed in a consistent way that meets the organization's needs.
• Risk Management - Established procedures are an effective control activity needed to manage risk.
• Training Tool - Documented procedures assist in training existing and new personnel in performing their responsibilities.
• Promote Best Practice - Written procedures document the best way of performing an activity and pre-serve both internal and external experience and les-sons learned.
• Knowledge Sharing - Documentation preserves and disseminates the organization’s experiences; passing along business and technical know-how.