Academic Policies

Students are well advised to become familiar with the academic policies of the University. Each student owns the responsibility to comply with those policies.


Colorado State University-Pueblo’s practice in regard to student record keeping and access is based on the provisions of the Privacy Rights of Parents and Students, Section 438 of the General Education Provisions Act, as amended (P.L. 93-380), also known as the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1975 (FERPA), or the Buckley Amendment. For specific details, contact the Registrar, Administration Building, Room 202.


Academic dishonesty is any form of cheating which results in students giving or receiving unauthorized assistance in an academic exercise or receiving credit for work which is not their own.

In cases of academic dishonesty, the instructor will inform the chair of the department prior to implementation of punitive action. Academic dishonesty is grounds for disciplinary action by both the instructor and the Dean of Student Life. Any student judged to have engaged in academic dishonesty may receive a failing grade for the work in question, a failing grade for the course, or any other lesser penalty which the instructor finds appropriate.

To dispute an accusation of academic dishonesty, the student should first consult with the instructor. If the dispute remains unresolved, the student may then state their case to the department chair (or the dean if the department chair is the instructor of the course).

Academic dishonesty is a behavioral issue, not an issue of academic performance. As such, it is considered an act of misconduct and is also subject to the University disciplinary process as defined in the CSU-Pueblo Standards of Conduct Manual. Whether or not punitive action has been implemented by the faculty, a report of the infraction should be submitted to the Dean of Student Life who may initiate additional disciplinary action. A student may appeal a grade through the Academic Appeals Board. The Dean of Student Life’s decision may be appealed through the process outlined in the Standards of Conduct Manual.

What Are Specific Acts of Academic Dishonesty?

The following acts of misconduct are acts of academic dishonesty:

  1. Cheating—intentionally using or attempting to use unauthorized materials, information, or study aids in any academic exercise. The term academic exercise includes all forms of work submitted for credit or hours.

  2. Fabrication—intentional and unauthorized falsification or invention of any information or citation in an academic exercise.

  3. Facilitating Academic Dishonesty—intentionally or knowingly helping or attempting to help another to violate a provision of the institutional code of academic integrity.

  4. Plagiarism—the deliberate adoption or reproduction of ideas, words, or statements of another person as one’s own without acknowledgment.

  5. Unauthorized Collaboration—-intentionally sharing information or working together in an academic exercise when such actions are not approved by the course instructor.

This is not meant to be an exhaustive list of all acts of academic dishonesty, but it is a guide to help faculty and students understand what constitutes academic dishonesty.


The classroom instructor is responsible for setting standards for all classroom conduct, behavior and discipline. Only enrolled students, administrative personnel and persons authorized by the instructor are permitted in classrooms and other instructional areas during scheduled periods. University policy and Colorado state law also prohibit all forms of disruptive or obstructive behavior in academic areas during scheduled periods or any action which would disrupt scheduled academic activity. Use of classrooms and other areas of academic buildings during non-scheduled periods is permitted only in accordance with University practices. Anyone in unauthorized attendance or causing a disturbance during scheduled academic activity may be asked to leave. If a person refuses such a request, he or she may be removed by the University Police and is liable to legal prosecution.


Students may graduate under the catalog requirements for the year in which they are first enrolled, provided they complete graduation requirements within a continuous period of no more than 10-years. If a student withdraws or is withdrawn for any reason from the University and is subsequently readmitted after an absence of two or more semesters, re-admittance will be governed by the catalog current at the time of readmission. Any exceptions to the policy must have prior approval from the Provost. Students should obtain and keep a copy of the catalog under which they enter or are readmitted. Students may also elect to follow any subsequent catalog.


Any college credit earned more than 10 years before the date of admission or readmission is not applicable toward the degree desired unless it is approved by the chair of the department offering the course(s) [or equivalent(s)]. General education credit earned more than 10 years before the date of admission or readmission must be approved by the appropriate department chairs.


Classification of students is based on semester credit hours earned as follows:


  0 - 29

semester hours earned


30 - 59

semester hours earned


60 - 89

semester hours earned


90 +

semester hours earned

Graduate Student See the Graduate Studies section for classification information.


A guest student is defined as one who wishes to enroll in courses without degree-seeking status. Additional information on non-degree students is contained in the Admission section of this catalog.


A student who has been permitted to enroll in a course for which he or she will receive no credit. Auditors determine their own attendance, take no examinations, receive no grades, do not participate in classroom discussion except as permitted by the instructor and earn no credit. They pay the same tuition and fees as persons enrolled for credit. An auditor may not be reclassified to receive credit in the course after the final date for adding courses. In place of a grade, students receive the symbol NC (no credit) on their transcripts. Students wishing to register as auditors must declare their intention at registration and may not seek credit in the course after the drop period for the course has expired. Likewise, a student may not change his or her regular enrollment to auditor (no credit) status after the end of the drop period. Auditor (or no credit) forms are available in the Records Office.

Persons 65 years of age or older, or 62 and retired, may audit courses without paying tuition on a space-available basis. Permission of the instructor is required in all cases.


Enrollment status (full-time, half-time) is determined by the number of credit hours which the student has completed or is pursuing for the term in which the certification is requested. Students registered for 12 or more semester credit hours are considered full-time. However, it should be noted that in order to complete an undergraduate program in four years, students must earn a minimum of 15 credits each semester. Credit hour requirements for enrollment verification (i.e., health insurance, auto insurance, loan deferments) are as follows:

Fall/Spring Semesters











12 or more credits





6-11 credits



Less than half-time


Below 6 credits


Graduate Program







9 or more credits





6-8 credits



Less than half-time


Below 6 credits

Summer Session






6 or more credits





3-5 credits



Less than half-time


Below 3 credits


Graduate Program







6 or more credits





3-5 credits



Less than half-time


Below 3 credits

Contact the Records Office for certification of enrollment status, level (class), grade point average and term(s) of attendance. (Please note that the above schedule for enrollment status may differ from the full-time/part-time schedule as recognized by the financial services area.)


Awarding of Grades

Grades are earned by students and awarded by faculty. Grade changes can only be made by the instructor with the approval of the department chairperson and the dean of the school.

The Grading System

The quality of a student’s work is appraised according to letter grades and grade point averages. The grading system of Colorado State University-Pueblo includes the following grades: A, A-, B+, B, B-, C+, C, C-, D+, D, D-, F, S, U, IN, W, WN, NC, IP. Faculty use of +/- grading is optional. Course instructors should indicate on the course syllabus and/or policy statement the grading system used in the course.




Grade Points




per Credit




















































































(Administrative Withdrawal)





or Non payment





(No Credit—Audit





(In Progress)


* Credits not used to compute the grade-point average but counted toward graduation, excluding remedial courses.

** Credits not used to compute grade-point average and not counted toward graduation.

Although grades of C-, D+, D, and D– are passing, they do not constitute satisfactory grades. Many departments do not permit these grades to count toward fulfillment of their requirements, even though the hours may be counted toward graduation requirements. Such grades from other institutions are not accepted in transfer except as specified under Transfer of Credit in the Admission Section of this catalog.


Below average achievement, credit given, 1 grade point per semester hour. (Although a D is passing, it does not constitute a satisfactory grade. Many departments do not permit D grades to count toward fulfillment of their requirements, even though the hours may be counted toward graduation requirements. D grades from other institutions are not accepted in transfer except as specified under Transfer of Credit admission section.)


Counted as a course attempted; does not constitute a passing grade nor does it satisfy major or institutional requirements.


Available only in certain approved courses.


Available only in certain approved courses.


This grade is given under two conditions: 1) when a student withdraws from a course prior to the end of the regular withdrawal period; 2) when a student withdraws totally from the University after the initial drop period.


The grade of IN is recorded at the end of the semester when a student is granted an extension of time to complete course work which could not be completed for reasons beyond the student’s control. It is given solely at the discretion of the instructor and is not to be used to grant the student additional time to complete assigned course work due to poor time management. The student must be receiving a passing grade at the time an IN agreement is made, which may be no earlier than the end of the withdrawal period. The IN agreement consists of a plan for the completion of the course work and must designate the student’s existing grade in the course and the work to be completed for the IN to be removed. It must be in writing, signed by the instructor and the student, and placed on file in the Department office. An incomplete course must be satisfactorily completed within the time frame stipulated by the instructor but no later than one calendar year from the date the IN was given. An incomplete not removed within one calendar year shall revert to the pre-assigned grade and be included in the computation of the student’s grade point average. Re-enrollment is not allowed while the IN is still outstanding.


A grade of IP may be given at the close of the term in certain approved courses. Students receiving an IP must register in the same course the next term, pay tuition and must complete the work during that term. Courses for which IP grades are accrued are identified in the Course Description section of this catalog.

Grade-point Average Computation

Earned grade points are computed by multiplying the point value of A, A-, B+, B, B-, C+, C, C-, D+, D, D-, and F grades earned by the number of credit hours of the course(s) in which the student was enrolled. A student’s semester GPA is calculated by dividing total grade points by total credit hours attempted. A student’s cumulative GPA is calculated by dividing total grade points earned by total credit hours attempted. A student’s cumulative GPA is calculated by dividing all grade points earned by all credit hours attempted. Earned grades of S, U, W, WN, IP, IN and NC are not computed in the grade-point average. For purposes of computing a student’s grade-point average only CSU-Pueblo hours are used.

Grade Changes/Academic Appeals

Students have the right to appeal any academic decision, including the assignment of final grades. A grade-change request should be extremely rare. It is not appropriate to change a grade because the student submitted additional work. Letter grades of A - F may be changed but grades of S, U, W, and NC may not be changed.

Before making an appeal, the student should discuss the situation with the instructor(s) involved in the decision. If a grade change is approved by the instructor(s), a grade change form will be completed and must be approved by the department chair and the dean.

Students may appeal instructors’ grading decisions. The burden of proof, however, rests with the student to demonstrate that the grading decision was made on the basis of any of the following conditions:

An instructor(s) error in calculating the original grade or a similar occurrence.

A grading decision was made on some basis other than performance and other than as a penalty for academic dishonesty. 

A grading decision was based on standards unreasonably different from those which were applied to other students. 

A grading decision was based on a substantial, unreasonable, or unannounced departure from previously articulated standards.

The student shall submit a written appeal to the department chairperson. The request must set forth the basis for the appeal, identifying one of the four categories set forth above. The request must be submitted, or postmarked if mailed, no later than 30 calendar days after the first day of classes of the next regular semester following the date the grade was recorded. If no appeal is received before the deadline, the grade shall be considered final.

Within 30 days of receipt of the request for an appeal, the student’s appeal shall be provided to the instructor(s) who assigned the grade and the Student Academic Appeals Board. If the request is received prior to or during the summer session when the instructor(s) who assigned the grade may not be available, the appeal shall be submitted no later than 30 days from the beginning of the following fall semester.

The Student Academic Appeals Board will review the written appeal and response of the instructor(s). They may elect to separately interview both the student and the instructor(s) before rendering a decision. The decision of the appeals board will be based upon whether one of the conditions for an appeal set forth above has been met. At the conclusion of the deliberations, the board shall render one of the following decisions:

The original grading decision is upheld.

The Student Academic Appeals Board will re-evaluate the student’s achievement of the instructional objectives of the course and assign a grade accordingly.

The Student Academic Appeals Board decision is the final decision of the University. Written summaries of the hearing and decision, together with a rationale for that decision, shall be provided to the student, the instructor(s) who assigned the grade, and the academic department of the instructor(s). Such summaries will be sent within 30 days of the decision. Should the appeal result in a grade change, the Records Office will be notified by the Student Academic Appeals Board.


All undergraduate students, including those enrolled in continuing education classes and those enrolled in a second baccalaureate degree program, are eligible for the Deans’ List in a given semester provided they:

Achieve a minimum semester grade-point average of 3.500

Be degree-seeking

Earn at least 12 credit hours at Colorado State University-Pueblo, and

Receive no grade of “incomplete”

The Deans’ List is generated and published fall and spring semesters.


The academic standing of all students is reviewed two times each year, at the end of fall, and spring semester. Students must have a cumulative grade point average of 2.000 or higher to remain in Good Academic Standing.


Students are placed on academic probation at the end of any semester (excluding summer) in which the cumulative grade-point average falls below 2.000.

Academic Probation status is noted on the transcript. In addition, students receive a letter (Notification of Academic Probation Status) from the Student Academic Services Office. At this point, students are strongly encouraged to develop an Academic Improvement Plan (AIP) in collaboration with staff from the CSU-Pueblo Student Academic Services Office.

Students on Academic Probation will have two terms (excluding summer) to raise their grade-point average to a 2.000.


Students who fail to clear Academic Probation after two regular terms (excluding summer) will be placed on Academic Suspension.

Students placed on Academic Suspension cannot re-enroll at the University for a period of two consecutive semesters (excluding summer) EXCEPT BY SPECIAL PERMISSION.

Students placed on Academic Suspension who successfully appeal their suspension can return to the University on a Conditional Reinstatement.

Students on Conditional Reinstatement status will remain under the guidelines of the catalog in effect at the time of their regular admission.

Students on Academic Suspension who re-enroll at the University within two consecutive semesters (excluding summer) also will remain under the requirements of the catalog in effect at the time of their regular admission.

Students on Academic Suspension who stay away from the University more than two consecutive semesters (excluding summer) following their notice of formal academic suspension must (a) be readmitted to the University, and (b) adhere to the requirements of the catalog in effect at the time they are readmitted to the University.

Appeal Process for Academic Suspension

Students who want to appeal their Academic Suspension are responsible for initiating the process by submitting an Appeal Letter. The Appeal Letter must address two issues: (1) why the Academic Suspension is being appealed, and (2) what the student will do to make an improvement in academic performance.

The deadlines for Appeal Letters requesting Conditional Reinstatement are: 

Subsequent fall semester—the 2nd Monday in June

Subsequent spring semester—Monday preceding the 1st day of classes for spring semester

Failure to submit Appeal Letters within this prescribed time line will result in academic suspension for two consecutive semesters (excluding summer).


A class hour consists of 50 minutes. One class hour per week of lecture or discussion for a semester earns a maximum of one credit hour. Two or three class hours a week of laboratory activities for a semester earn a maximum of one credit hour. The number of credits awarded for a given course is determined by the number of lecture or laboratory hours spent each week in class and is authorized in accordance with guidelines of the Colorado Commission on Higher Education.


Instructional activity is broadly categorized into three categories: Type A, Type B and Type C by the Colorado Commission on Higher Education (CCHE) as published in its Policy for Reporting Full-time Equivalent Students.

Type A Instruction

Type A instruction is defined as consisting of “those methods in which the consumption of faculty resources is reasonably concrete and measurable.” In these instances, the criteria are established in terms of a faculty Base Contact Hour. The Base Contact Hour is a minimum of 750 minutes (this translates into a 50 minute period for 15 times). Type A instructional activities are audit; private instruction; lecture; recitation, discussion, and seminar; laboratory (vocational and technical; academic and clinical); physical education and recreation activity courses; studio (art and music) and field instruction. 

Type B Instruction

Type B instruction is defined as consisting of “those methods where the measurement of faculty resource consumption by students is less definitive and will vary depending on the activity. The activities occurring in these areas are, therefore, defined in a “contractual relationship” between faculty and students.” Examples of Type B instruction are independent study/special or independent project; Master’s thesis research project and practicum, student teaching, internship, and cooperative education. 

Alternative Delivery Methods

These are courses delivered in non-traditional formats, including but not limited to, telecourses, self-paced instruction assisted by educational technologies, interactive video, telephone lines, computer based or computer assisted instruction, correspondence, videotapes or CD-Rom, Internet or Intranet, multimedia, etc... The credit hours for courses utilizing these alternative delivery methods shall be assigned based upon the equivalency or similarity of the course content’s scope and depth and the course’s evaluation methods to the same or similar courses currently offered at CSU-Pueblo. Lecture courses delivered on-campus and also delivered via interactive video to approved off-campus sites are subject to Type A contact hour requirements for the lecture course and shall be counted as Type A instruction. 

Type C Instruction

These are activities that may generate credit, but the credit cannot be reported for FTE reimbursement. The activities involve relatively little faculty resource consumption or are considered as a student service. Included in Type C instruction is credit by exam and credit for prior learning of life experience.


Enrollment in more than 18 credit hours in a given semester is defined as an overload. Both resident and extended studies (continuing education) courses are counted in the credit-hour total.

Students who have earned 15 or more semester credit hours and have a grade-point average of 3.000 or greater are eligible to enroll for an overload.

Overloads must be authorized by student’s faculty advisor and department chair (or dean if the advisor is the department chair). Both signatures are required. Appeals may be made to the dean of the college of the student’s major. Under no circumstances may a student enroll for more than a total of 25 semester credit hours in a single semester.


A student may earn a maximum of 30 hours of credit by examination towards the minimum semester hours required for graduation regardless of the source type, (i.e., CLEP/DANTES, International Baccalaureate, advanced placement, and/or in-house departmental exams). Types and methods of earning credit by examination are as follows: 

Advanced Placement

Colorado State University-Pueblo participates in the Advanced Placement Program of the College Entrance Examination Board. Under the program, outstanding secondary school students may take certain college-level courses in their own high schools. Students who have taken the Advanced Placement Examination and who have received scores of 3, 4, or 5 will be granted University credit as well as advanced placement.

CSU-Pueblo credit is awarded and posted on the transcript without a grade, is counted toward graduation, and may be used to fulfill specific requirements. For more information, please contact the Office of Admissions. 

College Level Examination Program

Credit earned by the student on these exams will be accepted by CSU-Pueblo and posted on the transcript provided the student submits an official CLEP/DANTES score report and has scored at or above established benchmarks. If CLEP/DANTES credit is recorded on the student’s transcript from another institution, it will be accepted in transfer provided the credit is not duplicated from another source. If a student has already earned college credit in an academic course(s) before taking CLEP/DANTES exam, the latter credit will be considered duplicate and will not be awarded. Please contact the Office of Admissions for additional information. 

International Baccalaureate Diploma Program

Colorado State University-Pueblo recognizes and encourages high school students to participate in the International Baccalaureate Diploma Program. The University recognizes the IB program as a rigorous pre-university course of study for highly motivated secondary students. Students who successfully complete the IB program and examination(s) are eligible to receive credit and advanced placement standing at CSU-Pueblo.

To receive University credit, a student must take the IB exam(s) and request that the scores be sent to CSU-Pueblo Office of Admissions. Upon receipt of the scores, an evaluation for credit will be performed by the appropriate academic department. The student will be notified by mail of the evaluation results in approximately two to four weeks.

A score of 4 or better on the IB exam(s) will receive between 3 -10 credits for most examinations. The credit will be posted on the student’s permanent record/transcript. Please contact the Office of Admissions for additional information.

  1. Credit by Examination (In-house subject area exams)

    Departmental faculty shall identify those undergraduate courses, if any, for which students may earn credit by examination.

    If a student is successful in challenging a course, the title of the course, credit hours and notation of credit by examination will be recorded on the student’s permanent record/transcript. (Unsuccessful attempts are not recorded on the transcript.) The credit hours earned by examination do NOT count in the student’s load for the semester or in the calculation of the student’s grade point average.

    The non-refundable fee for credit earned by examination is $50 per course. Application forms for credit by examination are available from the Records Office.

    A student may earn credit by examination in any of the approved courses subject to the following conditions:

    • The student has not previously earned credit in the course at CSU-Pueblo, has not previously failed a challenge exam for the course, or has not previously failed the course itself;

    • The student has approval of the appropriate department chair (with appeal rights to the dean) to take the challenge examination;

    • The student’s performance on the examination is at the level of B or better;

    • The student is currently enrolled at CSU-Pueblo and in good academic standing at the time the examination is administered;

    • The student does not use the challenged course to satisfy the residency requirement for graduation; and

    • The student satisfies any and all additional criteria as specified by the department.
  2. General Education Test-Out Policy (In-House)

    All courses satisfying general education requirements have a test-out procedure. The student does not receive a grade or credit for the course, nor does the test-out appear on the transcript.
    Students wishing to test out of a course should contact the chair of the department offering the course. A student who successfully completes the test-out examination with a grade of B or better satisfies that particular general education requirement.

    General education test-out examinations are free of charge.


Final examinations are not to be scheduled at times other than those published in the semester course bulletin. In some courses a final examination may not be appropriate to the material; however, classes meet through the period scheduled for the final examination.


All faculty members keep appropriate records (such as grade books or sheets) of each student’s progress in every course offered for University credit. Records are retained by the faculty member’s department for one year. They are treated in confidence by the faculty member and chair of the department.


An undergraduate student who has received a low grade in a course at CSU-Pueblo can improve her/his cumulative grade point average by repeating that course at CSU-Pueblo and earning a higher grade. The first two times a course is repeated, only the higher grade and credit earned are computed into the student’s grade-point average, provided the student has requested a recomputation of grade-point average from the Records Office. The previously attempted courses and grades remain in the academic record but are not computed in the overall average. However, if a student elects to repeat a course more than two times, all grades earned thereafter will be computed in the grade-point average.

Transcripts contain an appropriate entry indicating that the course has been repeated and the grade-point average has been recomputed. If a student fails a course twice, only one failure is computed into the grade-point average. Students are discouraged from repeating those courses for which a grade of C or better has been earned.

If a student transfers a course to CSU-Pueblo from another institution and subsequently repeats the course at CSU-Pueblo, only the credit and grade points earned at CSU-Pueblo will be allowed. Students should be aware that some academic departments place limitations on repetition of courses for majors and/or minors.


Students are encouraged to secure advisor approval for all schedule changes. When students do not secure such approval, they assume full responsibility for their progress toward meeting degree requirements.

Students are responsible for processing schedule changes during the drop/add period. Under no circumstances shall the instructor assume this responsibility on behalf of the student.

Continuing students are strongly encouraged to take advantage of the pre-registration process in order to obtain the class schedule which best meets their needs.

Adding Courses

Courses may be added to a student’s schedule during the drop/add period, as specified in the class schedules. Course additions may be processed through the Records Office or through the Web Registration System.

Addition of Independent Study and Continuing Education

A resident student may enroll in independent study and continuing education courses only if the addition of such courses will not cause his or her program to exceed the maximum load allowable.

Dropping Courses

Courses may be dropped from a student’s schedule through the drop/add period as specified in the semester course bulletin without a record of the dropped course appearing on the student’s permanent record. Courses may be dropped officially through the Records Office or processed through the Web Registration System. Short or mini-courses may be dropped in the same manner before 15 percent of the course duration has passed. Please refer to the following table:


























































Withdrawing from Courses

Immediately following the end of the drop/add period, students may withdraw from classes according to the policies below.

When a student withdraws from a course before 60 percent of the course duration has passed, a grade of W will be assigned. After 60 percent of the course duration has passed, a student may not withdraw. In special cases, student requests to withdraw from a course after the deadline will be reviewed and decided by the Student Academic Appeals Board.


To withdraw officially from the University, students must file a withdrawal form with the Student Academic Services Office.

Students who withdraw after the end of the drop/add period are not refunded full tuition and fees. To withdraw officially from the University, students must file a withdrawal form with the Student Academic Services Office. Withdrawals will not be processed after the last scheduled class day of the semester. Students residing in the residence hall also must check out at the housing office.

Retroactive Withdrawal

Undergraduate students may request that all grades in previous semesters be retroactively removed and replaced by entries of W on the transcript if they have experienced, during that term, health and/or personal problems so severe that they could not reasonably have been expected to complete the semester satisfactorily. The requests must be submitted with documentation to the Associate Director of Records. Appropriate documentation should include direct information from a professional who can attest to the student’s claim of illness or legal issues and speak clearly to the difficulty that was encountered by the student. If a student chooses not to share such information, the Student Academic Appeals Board should decide the case based on the information available.

Retroactive withdrawal applies to every course for a particular term and not for selective courses during a term.

Military Withdrawal

If military obligations interrupt the academic work of a member of the armed forces registered for courses, the student may ask instructors for an early termination of his or her courses. Early terminations may include, but are not limited to: 1) a grade of W; 2) an incomplete (IN) grade, if there is any chance the student will be able to complete the course requirements; 3) an early final examination and course grade; 4) partial course credit; or 5) an opportunity to complete the class by independent study. It is the student’s responsibility to make such a request in writing to the instructor. After the student and instructor have agreed on the terms of early termination, the agreement must be approved in writing by the department chair and the dean.


Through cooperative education, internships, field experiences and laboratory research, students in many degree programs have the opportunity to expand knowledge and apply theory in real-life situations. All experiential credit courses occur under the direction of an academic instructor and are included in the regular University curriculum. In some cases, such courses are required for majors. All such courses require registration, payment of tuition, carry credit, are listed in the catalog and include a planned program of activities outlined in the course syllabus. The grading system is the same as the system used for regular courses. Supervised work-experience courses are approved for inclusion in veteran’s class schedules under Veterans Administration Regulation 14265.

Credit for Life Experience

Some students may seek academic credit for previous out-of-school work experiences in which the job responsibilities were similar to experiences offered in University-sponsored internships and other programs. Credit for such experiences may be given if the following conditions are met:

  1. The experience must be directly similar to the content of internships, field courses and/or laboratory courses in the regular curriculum;

  2. The student must describe in writing the nature of the experience and what he or she learned through it;

  3. The experience and learning also must be documented by the student’s on-the-job supervisor. Documentation must include a detailed account of the nature, frequency and duration of the duties; and

  4. A paper integrating the experiences with subsequent or concurrent classroom instruction must be submitted and approved.

The maximum number of credit hours allowed for life experiences is six. Any amount over six must be approved and justified by the appropriate dean to the provost. Credit for life experiences is granted only for experience gained within 12-years from the date the degree is expected to be awarded. Credit for life experiences is subject to the approval of the department chair and the dean of the college in which credit is requested.


All changes of major must be made through the Records Office with the approval of the appropriate department chair.


Students are expected to attend all classes for which they are enrolled unless excused by the instructor. No extensions of vacation periods are given to students regardless of the location of their homes. Non-attendance of classes caused by late registration is considered the same as absence. Students are not allowed to attend classes for which they are not properly enrolled unless permitted by the instructor.

The University does not have a policy permitting a specific number of cuts or absences from class. Each instructor establishes an attendance policy for his or her classes and must inform students in writing of the policy at the beginning of the term. However, the student’s grades shall not be affected negatively solely due to absence from class because of participation in University-sanctioned events. Such University-sanctioned activities may include, but are not limited to: intercollegiate competition, participation on the forensics team, and field trips. Class absence due to University-sanctioned participation does not in any way excuse students from completing class preparations, assignments, examinations, or projects.

Although students may drop classes on their own initiative within time lines established by policy, faculty members have the right to drop students for non-attendance.


Official transcripts are issued by the Records Office at the written and signed request of the student. There is a non-refundable fee for each official transcript. Check with the Records Office for current fees. Transcript fees must be prepaid before official transcripts will be released. Acceptable methods of payment are cash, personal check, money order, VISA, MasterCard and Discover. Special fees are charged for special handling (overnight, FedEx, Priority).

All accounts with Colorado State University-Pueblo must be settled before an official transcript can be issued. Transcripts are processed as rapidly as possible and are usually issued within three working days from the date the signed request is received in the Records Office. Students should allow extra time for issuance near the end of semester. Due to the processing of grades, transcripts (official or unofficial) for enrolled students will not be released during the week of finals and the following week. Official transcripts on file from other institutions cannot be relinquished. CSU-Pueblo does not accept e-mail transcript requests.


A pre-paid $10 fee is required for a transcript to be faxed to a destination within the United States; the charge is $15 for a transcript faxed outside the country. Since faxed transcripts are considered as working (unofficial) documents only, the fax will be followed up by an official (hard copy) version to follow by first class mail within three to four working days. In the event that the student is not eligible to receive an official transcript, i.e., outstanding accounts receivable balance, etc., only the (unofficial) faxed copy can be provided for the above fee.


Signed transcript requests should include the following information:

  • Student’s full name (including maiden or other name if applicable)

  • Student ID number

  • Date of birth

  • The last term the student was enrolled at CSU-Pueblo

  • Instructions on whether the current semester grades are to be included (this is important when a transcript is ordered near the end of a term)

  • The complete name and address of the agency, school or individuals to whom transcripts are to be sent.

  • The student’s signature (this provides CSU-Pueblo with the necessary authorization to release the transcript to the designee.)


    • Transcripts do not include Upward Bound, GED, ACT, SAT, GRE or college class rank information.

    • If someone other than the individual named on the
      transcript has been authorized to pick up the document in person, they must provide a signed release from the person named on the transcript. Payment

    • If payment is to be made by credit card, please provide type (VISA, MasterCard or Discover), credit card number, expiration date, name of card holder, address of card holder and daytime phone number.

    • If the order is for a faxed transcript, the following information is also needed:
    1. The fax number and name of the person to whose attention the transcript is to be sent.

    2. The name and address to which the subsequent official, hard copy transcript will be mailed.


      Graduation applications and planning sheets for the summer session and fall semester are due no later than the third week of the spring semester prior to the graduating term.

      Graduation applications and planning sheets for the spring semester are due no later than the third week of the fall semester prior to the graduating term.

      Students unable to complete degree requirements will be required to submit an amended graduation planning sheet or a graduation update to the Records Office in order to establish a new tentative degree conferral date.


      The official graduation list is prepared each term by the Records Office from the official Graduation Planning Sheets. Students will not be eligible to graduate unless their names appear on the list as approved by the Faculty Senate during the graduation term.


      Commencement exercises take place once a year, at the end of spring semester. Students eligible to participate include those who completed graduation requirements in the preceding fall semester, as well as those who will complete requirements in the spring semester or those who will complete requirements in the summer session following commencement. Candidates must appear in official academic regalia at commencement exercises.

      Utilizing data from official deadlines, the information for the commencement program is finalized near mid March — changes, modifications, or updates received after that time may not be included.

      The commencement program is not an official list of confirmed graduates or honors awarded. A final audit will determine degree conferral and academic accords

      Graduation with Honors

      There are three levels of University (baccalaureate degree only) scholastic honors at graduation: summa cum laude, magna cum laude and cum laude. A minimum of 60 semester hours must be earned at CSU-Pueblo for a student to be considered for these honors, remedial courses and credit by examination are excluded.

      To graduate summa cum laude, a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.900 is required; for magna cum laude, a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.750 is required; and, for cum laude, a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.500 is required.

      While honors will be listed in the commencement program for those who may reasonably anticipate them, the listing in the program is not a guarantee of receiving honors. The listing and reading of cum laude status for degree candidates are based on the grade point averages achieved at the beginning of the student’s final semester. The official honor awarded, based on the final grade point average and hours earned in residence, will be noted on the student’s diploma and transcript.


      Diplomas are dated and awarded to graduating students each semester (fall, spring and summer) upon graduation clearance of each student. The spring commencement date and the last day of the summer and fall term are the dates recorded on diplomas and on the transcripts for all students fulfilling degree requirements within a degree granting period. The diploma is imprinted with the name of the degree awarded and the student’s major. Minors or emphases are not printed on the diploma. Diplomas will be mailed to graduates approximately ten to twelve weeks after the end of the term in which the degree is conferred. Replacement diplomas may be issued upon a request from the original holder who certifies to the loss or damage of the original document. Please check with the Records Office for current diploma replacement fees.


      The University from time to time publishes several bulletins, lists, brochures, catalogs, directories, yearbooks, annuals, guidebooks, news releases, sports information, honor rolls, etc., containing information which specifically identifies students and information about them. The University is authorized to publish, and will publish such directory information, collectively or individually, unless a student, by the end of the second week of classes, notifies the student privacy office (Records Office, Administration Building, Room 202) in writing that the categories listed below (designated directory information) should not be released without prior written consent.

      The following information is considered directory information: 

      • Student name
      • Address
      • Telephone number
      • Date and place of birth
      • Classification
      • Major field of study
      • Participation in officially recognized activities
      • and sports
      • Weight and height of athletes
      • Dates of attendance
      • Degrees granted and dates conferred
      • Awards received
      • Most recent previous educational agency or
      • institution attended
      • Full or part-time status
      • E-mail address
      • Photos

      The University may, however, disclose personally identifiable information from the educational records of a student as provided in section 99.31 of the Student Right to Know Campus Security Act of 1990 without the written consent of the parent or the eligible student if the disclosure is:

      Other school officials such as administrators, supervisors, faculty, staff or on-campus law enforcement unit personnel within the educational institution who are determined to have legitimate educational interests;

      Officials of another school or school system in which the student seeks or intends to enroll, subject to the requirements set forth in section 99.34 of the Act; or

      Subject to the conditions set forth in 99.31-99.35 of the Act.

      The University may also disclose personally identifiable information from the educational records of a student to appropriate parties in connection with an emergency if knowledge of the information is necessary to protect the health or safety of the student or other individuals.



      All students are required to consult an academic advisor before registering for classes. The major area assigns academic advisors. Academic advising for degree seeking students who have not selected a major and unclassified students will be handled by Academic Advising located in Student Academic Services, Room 232 of the Psychology Building.

      Registration Procedures

      Details on registration procedures are published in the class schedule bulletin on the Web Registration System or on our website at in advance of each registration period.

      Payment of Tuition and Fees

      Tuition and fees are assessed in accordance with approved policies. Instructions for payment and payment deadlines are stated in the class schedule bulletins on-line. For specific information about tuition and fees visit Contact the Office of Student Financial Services at (719) 549-2234, Administration Building, Room 212 for more information.

      Change of Address

      Students should keep university authorities informed of their current address. A change in address should be reported immediately to the Records Office.

      Completion of Student Courses

      The University holds students responsible for completing all courses for which they have enrolled unless they obtain approval for a change in registration or file an official withdrawal. Students not following proper course or university withdrawal procedures will receive failing grades.

      Immunization Requirement

      Colorado law requires all college students born since January 1, 1957, to be immunized against measles, mumps and rubella.

      Proof of immunity consists of:

      • Measles - two doses of live measles vaccine administered after 12 months of age or a blood test showing immunity to measles.

      • Mumps - two doses of live mumps vaccine administered after 12 months of age or a blood test showing immunity to mumps.

      • Rubella - two doses of live rubella vaccine administered after 12 months of age or a blood test showing immunity to rubella.

      Prior to registration please have verified immunization records sent to Colorado State University-Pueblo, Pueblo, Colorado 81001-4901 or fax records to (719) 549-2646.

      Booster vaccinations are provided by Student Health Services if immunization records indicate that a booster is necessary. For further information, contact the Student Health Services Office at (719) 549-2830.



      Candidates for the baccalaureate degree must satisfy institutional and general education requirements, as well as specific requirements for a major. Students should plan to complete the basic competency requirements in the freshman year and should plan to complete the general education requirements in the freshman and sophomore years. Students must file an approved graduation planning sheet with the Records Office no later than the third week of the term prior to the graduating term.


      Students must successfully complete a minimum of 120 semester hours of credit with an earned grade point average of 2.000 for all CSU-Pueblo hours attempted and included in the GPA computation. Courses numbered below the 100-level cannot be applied toward graduation; (i.e. ENG 099, MATH 098, 099, RDG 099).

      Students must successfully complete a minimum of 40 credit hours in upper-division courses (numbered 300-499). Upper division credit may be earned only through a four-year institution. 

      A minimum of 60 semester hours must be earned from a four-year institution. Of these, a minimum of 30 semester hours of credit (as stated in the program of the major) must be earned in residence (courses taken from Colorado State University-Pueblo) with a minimum grade point average of 2.000 for all resident hours attempted. (Both on-campus and continuing education for-credit courses are considered resident credit.) 

      1. For degree purposes, CSU-Pueblo accepts a maximum of 60 semester hours from community or junior colleges.

      2. For degree purposes, CSU-Pueblo accepts a maximum of 90 semester hours from other four-year institutions.

      3. Of the last 30 semester credits earned immediately preceding graduation, no more than 15 may be completed at other colleges or universities.

      4. A maximum of 30 semester hours of correspondence credit may be applied toward the baccalaureate degree.

      5. A student may earn a maximum of 30 hours of credit by examination.

      6. Students must successfully complete the requirements for an approved major program. Some major programs may require completion of a minor or specific related courses outside the major field.

      7. Students must achieve a minimum grade point average of 2.000 in their major field of study. (Some majors and programs require higher GPA’s. Refer to specific program sections of this catalog for details.)

      8. Students must achieve a minimum grade point average of 2.000 in their minor field of study.

      9. Students must complete the Skills Component (English Composition I and II, and Mathematics) with a minimum overall GPA of 2.000.

      10. Students must satisfactorily complete all general education requirements as defined and explained in the General Education Requirements section of the Academic Policies chapter of this catalog.

      11. Candidates for the bachelor of arts degree must satisfy the foreign language requirement.

      12. Degree candidates must file a completed Graduation Planning Sheet with the Records Office no later than the third week of the term prior to the graduating term check on-line or with the Records Office for specific deadlines).

      13. Degrees are issued only at the close of each semester and summer session.

      14. Degrees will be granted only at the end of the semester during which the student completes all degree requirements.

      15. Additional majors or minors will not be awarded or posted to a transcript after a baccalaureate degree has been granted.

      16. Once a baccalaureate degree has been awarded, the student cannot repeat courses in order to improve the undergraduate grade point average.

      17. Students must meet all financial obligations to the institution.


      A baccalaureate candidate must select a major and successfully complete all requirements prior to receiving a degree. The minimum number of required semester hours varies by major but must include a departmentally approved program of at least 30 semester hours of course work in the program of study.

      Emphasis area/option

      Certain programs of study may specify emphasis or option areas within majors. Only the official emphasis areas will be recorded on the transcript.


      Minors consist of a sequence of courses in a specific academic discipline which are established by the department offering the minor. General education courses can apply towards the minor and major(s). Upon graduation, completed majors and minors are recorded on the transcript.


      Students may choose to complete concurrently the requirements for two majors. Students seeking a double major must satisfy the requirements of both majors as stated by both departments involved under a single degree program. The single degree awarded is that degree appropriate for the first major. A single diploma is issued which displays both majors and both majors are recorded on the student’s academic transcript.

      After a degree has been awarded, the Records Office does not change the transcript to add additional majors, emphasis areas or minors.


      A second baccalaureate degree may be granted in a major area other than that in which the first baccalaureate degree was granted provided the student has met all requirements for the second baccalaureate degree, including not fewer than 30 semester hours of Colorado State University-Pueblo (resident) credit beyond the first degree with a minimum grade point average of 2.000. The additional 30 hours of credit must have the approval of the department from which the second degree is to be earned. Students seeking a second degree are eligible for the Deans’ List and for graduation with distinction.

      The additional credits required for the second degree may be completed concurrently with the credits applying to the first degree and the two degrees may be granted simultaneously, providing all requirements are completed for both degrees. Simultaneous degrees require two separately completed degree planning sheets as well as the permission of the Provost.

      If the student possesses a baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited college or university, the general education and institutional requirements are considered complete.


      Students seeking the degree of bachelor of arts must complete one of the two options listed below:

      1. Completion of the second semester of a foreign language (course number 102). 
        • Students may test out of the course.

        • Completion of a foreign language course above 102 with a grade of C or better will satisfy the requirement. 
      2. Completion of FL 100, Introduction to Comparative Linguistics, and ANTHR/ENG 106, Language, Thought and Culture.

      3. Completion of the first and second semester of American Sign Language.

      4. International students for whom English is a second language may substitute two semesters of English courses (excluding ENG 101 and ENG 102) for the foreign language requirement.


      Graduates of Colorado State University-Pueblo are lifelong learners who have developed the intellectual and ethical foundations necessary for an understanding of and respect for humanity as well as the knowledge and skills necessary to adapt to the demands of a rapidly changing society.

      To help students achieve these goals, the skills component of the CSU-Pueblo general education program is designed to give students the written communication and quantitative reasoning skills necessary for success in their undergraduate studies and future careers. The knowledge component is designed to give students direct experience in the methods of thought and inquiry in three central areas of academic endeavor: the arts and humanities; the social sciences; and the natural and physical sciences.

      Through their experiences in these areas, students develop and refine their ability to 

      • Participate in a variety of types of critical inquiry and thought,

      • Communicate clearly and effectively,

      • Investigate and understand important social issues,

      • Appreciate the arts and humanities,

      • Understand the histories, cultures and experiences of the diverse populations of the United States and the world, and

      • Understand the influence of science and technology on social institutions and personal relations.

      Note: Courses listed below that are marked with an asterisk (*) are in the statewide common core, meaning that they are guaranteed in transfer to any other college or university in Colorado.

      The general education requirement for graduation includes a total of 35 semester credits in two categories:

      Skills Component

        9 credits

      Knowledge Component

      26 credits


      35 credits


      To complete the Skills component, students must take courses in the following content areas:

      Written Communication

      (2 courses)

      6 credits

      Quantitative Reasoning

      (1 course)

      3 credits


      9 credits

      A. Written Communication

      Take each of the following courses:  



      English Composition I

      3 credits



      English Composition II

      3 credits

      B. Quantitative Reasoning

      Take one of the following courses:



      Mathematical Explorations 

      3 credits



      College Algebra

      4 credits



      Pre-Calculus Math

      5 credits



      Calculus and Analytic
      Geometry I

      5 credits



      Introduction to Statistics

      3 credits



      Applied Calculus: An Intuitive

      4 credits

      or any MATH course that includes one of these as a prerequisite:

      Students who score 24 or better on the mathematics component of the ACT exam are exempted from this requirement.


      To complete the Knowledge component, students must take courses in the following content areas:


      (3 courses)

      9 credits


      (1 course)

      3 credits

      Social Sciences

      (2 courses)

      6 credits

      Natural and Physical Sciences


      (2 courses with labs)

      8 credits


      26 credits

      Students must take one course that is designated as cross-cultural. Courses taken to meet the Knowledge content area requirements may also be used to meet the cross-cultural requirement if they have a (CC) next to their listing.

      Your major may recommend certain courses from this list. Refer to your major’s catalog description for more information.

      A. Humanities



      Visual Dynamics (CC)



      History of Art I (CC)



      History of Art II (CC)



      Introduction to Literature



      Survey of Chicano Literature (CC)



      Masterpieces of Literature I



      Masterpieces of Literature II



      Survey of Ethnic Literature (CC)



      Introduction to Comparative Linguistics (CC)

      Foreign Language (FRN, GER, ITL, RUS, SPN)



      Courses: 101, 102, 201, or 202 (CC)



      Music Appreciation (CC)



      Philosophical Literature



      Non-Western World Religions (CC)



      Classics in Ethics



      Critical Reasoning



      Deductive Logic



      Speaking and Listening



      Cultures of the Spanish-Speaking World (CC)

      B. History



      World Civilization to 1100 (CC)



      World Civilization from 1100 to 1800 (CC)



      World Civilization since 1800 (CC)



      Southwest United States (CC)



      US History I



      US History II

      C. Social Sciences



      Cultural Anthropology (CC)

      ANTHR/ ENG


      Language, Thought and Culture (CC)



      Introduction to Chicano Studies (CC)



      Principles of Macroeconomics 



      Principles of Microeconomics



      World Regional Geography (CC)



      Media and Society



      American National Politics



      Understanding Human Conflict (CC)



      General Psychology



      Human Development



      Understanding Animal Behavior

      PSYCH/SOC/WS 231



      Marriage, Family and Relationships



      Introduction to Sociology



      Social Problems

      D. Natural and Physical Sciences



      Principles of Biology with Lab



      Environmental Conservation with Lab



      College Biology I/Botany with Lab



      College Biology II/Zoology with Lab



      Human Physiology & Anatomy I with Lab



      Chemistry and Society with Lab



      Principles of Chemistry with Lab



      General Chemistry I with Lab



      General Chemistry II with Lab



      Introduction to Forensic Science with Lab



      Personal Health with Lab



      Earth Science with Lab



      It’s a Material World



      Astronomy with Lab



      Light, Energy and the Atom with Lab



      Principles of Physics I with Lab



      Principles of Physics II with Lab



      General Physics I with Lab



      General Physics II with Lab


      Colorado State University-Pueblo may accept the general education requirements included in the Associate of Arts (AA) or Associate of Science (AS) degree from a regionally accredited two-year or four-year college as a substitute for CSU-Pueblo’s general education requirements. Transcripts will be reviewed on an individual basis by the Office of Admissions to determine if general education requirements are satisfied.

      In addition, CSU-Pueblo accepts the Colorado Community College and Occupational Educational System General Education Core Transfer Program as a substitute for the University’s general education requirements for a student who is certified as having successfully completed the core curriculum.

      Transfer students from Colorado four-year colleges or universities who have completed general education requirements with a minimum 2.30 grade point average will be considered to have fulfilled CSU-Pueblo’s general education requirements. However, only courses with grades of C- or better will be accepted for credit in transfer. It is the student’s responsibility to document that the general education requirements were satisfied at the transfer institution.


      Students readmitted to CSU-Pueblo must fulfill the requirements in the general education program in effect at the time of readmission.


      Substitutions and/or waivers for courses fulfilling general education requirements may be approved by the appropriate department chair or the associate director of records.


      Legislation enacted by the Colorado General Assembly requires that:

      1. Institutions of higher education be held accountable for demonstrable improvements in student knowledge, capacities and skills between entrance and graduation;

      2. Such demonstrable improvements be publicly announced and available;

      3. Institutions express clearly to students the expectations for student performance; and

      4. Such improvements be achieved efficiently through the use of student and institutional resources of time, effort and money.

      Colorado State University-Pueblo, in response to the aforementioned requirement, has adopted an assessment plan which contains the following provisions:

      The basic educational goals for all undergraduates shall be communicated to students in the form of performance expectations for all students;

      Each department shall develop and publish specific curricular, co-curricular, and appropriate student performance expectations for students by major;

      Information on student improvement from entrance to graduation shall be collected, used, and publicly reported;

      Information on after-graduation performance of students shall be collected by means of surveys of graduates, employers, and graduate/professional schools;

      Information on student and alumni satisfaction with their education shall be collected by means of surveys and interviews; and 

      Information collected for the accountability report shall be reported annually to the Board of Governors of the Colorado State University System and the Colorado Commission on Higher Education and used for the purposes of improving the quality of the educational experience at the University.

      In recognition of the evolutionary nature of an accountability and assessment program, the University acknowledges that the provisions of the plan, as they are stated in this catalog, may change at any time during a student’s residence. The University will make reasonable efforts to inform students of any modifications to the plan.


      The University requires all students to meet or exceed the following performance expectations:

      1. Fields of Study Goals

        Major Field

        Students shall demonstrate outcomes (proficiency) in the major by a variety of assessments specified by the faculty of the department offering the major. Faculty will determine and publish the expected outcomes for each major offered, and the students in the major will be provided with career planning in terms of the expected outcomes.

        Minor Field

        Students shall demonstrate outcomes in the minor by a variety of assessments specified by the faculty of the department offering the minor. Faculty will determine and publish the expected outcomes for each minor offered.
      2. Intellectual Skills Goals

        Literacy Skills

        Students shall demonstrate effective skills in reading, writing, speaking and listening (public and interpersonal communication), visualizing, computing, locating and documenting sources of information.

        Quantitative Skills

        Students shall demonstrate the ability to understand and interpret numerical and graphical data.
      3. Intellectual Capacities Goals

        Problem Solving, Logical Inquiry and Critical Analysis

        Students shall demonstrate the abilities of identifying, defining and solving complex problems through logical inquiry and creative exploration; engaging in critical analyses; testing hypotheses; and discriminating between observation and inference.

      Assessment of Basic Educational Goals

      To assess the extent to which students meet or exceed the above performance goals, the University requires that students who have completed at least 90 credit hours be subject to interviews, portfolio maintenance, or standardized tests relative to the assessment of basic educational goals.

      To assist students in preparing to meet the performance expectations stated in the basic educational goals provision of the accountability program, the faculty recommend that students:

      Meet the institutional requirements as early as possible, preferably in the freshman year; and

      Meet the general education requirements by the end of the sophomore year, to the extent allowed by the degree program.

      Educational Goals for Majors and Minors

      Individual departments expect students to meet or exceed performance expectations as stated in each college/school section of this catalog.

      Departmental assessment plans differ in accordance with requirements of specific disciplines; however, each plan typically includes the following information: 


      Departmental Goals


      Expected Student Outcomes


      General Requirements


      Specific Requirements for Majors


      Co-curricular Requirements (if any)


      Outcomes Assessment Activities

      In consideration of the evolutionary nature of departmental assessment plans, departments reserve the right to modify assessment plans as appropriate and necessary. Students will be notified of any such changes.

      Student Surveys

      The University will conduct surveys during student attendance and for a period of five years after graduation to assess the level of educational satisfaction. Students are strongly encouraged to respond to these surveys and to provide other appropriate forms of feedback so that the University may use the results to continue to improve the quality of education at CSU-Pueblo

      Dissemination of Results

      Assessment results will be disseminated by the departmental faculty in accordance with the department assessment plan; other results will be available in the Office of the Provost.

      Assessment program inquiries may be directed to the Director of Assessment in care of the Office of the Provost.


      Under the Students Right to Know and Campus Security Act of 1990, colleges and universities are required to publish the graduate rate of first-time undergraduate students. This graduation rate is defined as the percentage of first-time undergraduate students who complete their bachelor’s degree, at CSU-Pueblo, within six years of their initial enrollment. First-time undergraduate students are defined as full-time, degree seeking undergraduate students who enroll at Colorado State University-Pueblo with no previous college experience.

      The University’s average graduation rate for the most recent 3-year average of entering cohorts is 29%, a rate comparable with graduation rates of other regional public institutions in Colorado.


      The Student Bill of Rights (also known as Colorado House Bill 01-1263) states that a student can sign a four-year graduation agreement that formalizes a plan for the student to obtain a degree in four years. Colorado State University-Pueblo supports this timeline for graduation by publishing advising guidelines under which a student may expect to graduate in four years and also publishes curriculum check sheets defining the four-year course progression for each major. These check sheets and advising guidelines are available in each Department Office.