Statement of Purpose
The purpose of the Career Center is to provide opportunities for each CSU-Pueblo student and graduate to develop a clear career objective, to obtain relevant work experience, and to learn the skills necessary to conduct a successful self-directed job search.
The Career Center and Student Academic Services offer step-by-step support in the development of your academic plan and career. Our Professional staff will coach students one-on-one in developing all the tools necessary for the job search process.
- cover letters
- successful interviewing skills
- effective job search strategies
- dressing for success
The Career Center sponsors four major events during the school year:
- Internship & Job Fair (October)
- Dining Etiquette - Preparing for your future! (November)
- Career Fair (March)
- Teacher Education Fair (April)
Participating in an internship or co-op program helps students:
- Decide if they have chosen the right career.
- Gain valuable career-related work experience before graduating.
- Become very attractive to employers in today’s competitive job market.
- Internship and co-op postings are available in the Career Center.
The Career Center works closely with academic departments to coordinate internship and co-op opportunities.
The Career Center coordinates:
- off-campus full-time professional employment and part-time jobs,
- summer jobs, and
- Internships and co-op programs.
All positions are posted on the Career Center CSO job board at CareerTwolves Student and at the Career Center on the first floor of the Library and Academic Resources Center (LARC), Suite 187.
Students interested in off-campus or summer jobs may contact the employers directly.
On-campus Student Jobs
Student Employment is handled through Student Financial Services.
On-campus Recruiting by Employers
The Career Center coordinates employer recruiting efforts on campus. Check the Events Calendar or the Center for a current list.
Policies covering Employment, ADA, EEO, Email Correspondence, Links and Recruiting can be found on the Policies page. If you have any questions regarding our practices please contact the Career Center Director.
Students are encouraged to become actively involved in campus or community activities to develop career-related and transferable skills including leadership, planning, coordination and communication skills.