Parent’s Crash Course:
Many parents take an active role in the lives of their college-age children. They want to ensure that the money spent on a college education pays off for their sons and daughters with a satisfying and rewarding first job and career.
JobWeb offers these resources specifically for parents:
- Job Market: Find out who is hiring and where the jobs are.
- Salary: Get the latest information on starting salary offers.
- Careers 411: Articles written specifically for parents who want to know how they can contribute to their college-age children's career development.
- Making Magic: New and Emerging Occupations: Learn about emerging occupations in today's global market.
- Students can begin their career search by identifying their interests, skills and values. Visit the Career Center to find out about Strong Interest Inventory assessment.
The university Career Center offers a wealth of free information on setting career goals, career development, internships, preparing for a job search, and graduate school to enrolled students. Alumni can often get free or low-cost career guidance by calling the college alumni office.