As part of its upcoming grand opening celebration, the University Library is preparing a Time Capsule to be placed in the University Archives, to be opened in the year 2111.
The University Archives and the Office of Student Activities are sponsoring an essay contest on the topic: “What will the world be like in 2111?” The winning essays will be placed in the Time Capsule along with other 21st century objects for CSU-Pueblo students of the future to enjoy!
Who may enter? All Colorado State University-Pueblo students
The essay format:
· narrative; 1-page maximum; no cover page or back matter
· attach entry form to the essay; do not put entrant's name on the essay
· word-processed final draft on standard, white print paper
· 12 pt. Times New Roman font, double-spaced
· deadline for entries - April 15, 2011
· no e-mail entries accepted
· Decision of the judges is final
· First prize - $50
· Honorable mentions (two) - $25
The deadline for entries is April 15, 2011. Do not put entrant’s name on the essay. Bring the entry form (ATTACHED) with a printout of your essay to: Office of Student Activities, OUC 003 or to Archives, Life Sciences 114.