The Graduate Student Support Center has the "Write" Stuff
GSSC Writing Center
The GSSC Writing Center can help you plan, write, and revise your graduate-level papers and theses. Bring your writing into the GSSC in LARC 165 for a specialized, face-to-face conversation with a trained writing consultant.
- Appointments are recommended. (Walk-in help is available but limited. To ensure a consultant will be available to help you, make an appointment ahead of time.) Call 549-2911 or 549-2855 or email GSSC@colostate-pueblo.edu to make an appointment.
- Each consultation lasts 45 minutes and covers approximately 5 pages of typed text. 1.5-hour sessions available for thesis writers. Each consultation appointment lasts 45 minutes and covers approximately 5 pages of typed text. 1.5-hour sessions available for writers of theses and longer papers.
- Bring a hard copy of your writing, or plan on printing your writing in the center.
- Bring your assignment and any feedback from your professor (if applicable).
- Allot adequate time to incorporate the feedback you receive into your writing before that writing is due.
- Call 549-2811 to make an appointment, check the the RAGE Calendar of Events for upcoming writing workshops, or email GSSC@colostate-pueblo.edu with any questions.
Note: We will NOT edit your paper for you. Our goal is to help YOU become a better writer by walking through the process with you. We're here to support you, step by step!
GSSC GrOWL (Graduate Online Writing Lab)
Can't make it into the GSSC for a face-to-face writing consultation? No problem! Current CSU-Pueblo graduate students can receive a writing consultation from the GrOWL by clicking here:
- One submission (no page limit) per students per day. For best results, submit the entire paper as one document.
- Submissions are accepted ONLY through the GrOWL submission link from the colostate-pueblo.edu email accounts ONLY. Papers submitted in any other way will not receive feedback.
- Include an explanation of the assignment on the GrOWL submission form.
- Include a brief overview of what you would like the GrOWL consultant to focus on.
- Submissions will be returned via email (to colostate-pueblo.edu email accounts ONLY) in Word .docx format with the consultant's feedback inserted in comment boxes.
- Turnaround time is contingent on volume of submissions, which tend to increase near the end of the semester. Current turnaround time is 48-72 hours on weekdays. NOTE: Service is available on weekdays only; papers submitted after 5pm or on weekends will be reviewed during the next available weekday.
Note: GrOWL consultants will not edit your paper for you. Our goal is to help you become a better writer by providing feedback so you can clarify your ideas and your writing.
Need support as you go through the writing process? Check out these links:
Grammar & Writing Tips
- CSU-Pueblo GrOWL Grammar Handouts
- Colorado State University's Writing Guides: Tips for planning, organizing, writing, revising, and editing.
- OWL at Purdue: Tips and exercises for planning, organizing, writing, revising, and editing.
- Strunk & White's Elements of Style: Tips on grammar, punctuation, clarity, and style.
- Bedford Handbook Online: Grammar and writing tips and exercises, plus info on MLA & APA.
- Guide to Grammar & Writing from the Capital Community College: Tips, exercises, & PowerPoints
- Punctuation Made Simple How to use colons, semicolons, commas, etc.
Documentation & Citation Styles