A Message From The Director
The Diversity Resource Center (DRC) was developed in the Fall of 2009 on the campus of Colorado State University-Pueblo. It is an area on our campus where students can visit and be greeted by friendly staff in a welcoming environment. I am certain that the DRC offers resources to our campus students, faculty, and staff in the form of books, videos, and journals. The DRC is a place for social gatherings where students and other campus members can meet but more importantly feel accepted and appreciated. I encourage all campus members to come by and visit the DRC or to simply get involved in our many programming events.
LaNeeca R. Williams
About The Diversity Resource Center (DRC)
At Colorado State University-Pueblo, diversity is more than a symbolic gesture. We value and embrace people from all walks of life and are committed to the academic success of each student.
The DRC helps stimulate, promote, and support a welcoming environment for underrepresented students, faculty, and staff.
We will positively impact our campus community by facilitating a shared learning experience that help our campus to engage in dialogue, challenge barriers, and build collaborative relationships.
What We Do...
The DRC motivates, trains, and equips all students to truly value a diverse campus experience by:
- INCREASING pride through knowledge and appreciation of one’s own culture;
- REDUCING prejudices by increasing an appreciation for similarities and difference;
- PROVIDING frequent opportunities to learn concepts and to acquire lifetime skills;
- INTRODUCING concepts and skills, so that academic achievement is improved and;
- WELCOMING different viewpoints and perspectives from the entire campus community.
LaNeeca R. Williams
Director of Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity & Campus Diversity
Occhiatto University Center, Rm. 031
Phone: 719-549-2627 or 719-549-2658
Hours Of Operation
Monday-Thursday 8:00 am until 8:00 pm
Friday 8:00 am until 5:00 pm
Saturday-Sunday Upon Request