All program participants must meet the minimum program admission requirements and must submit all of the components of the application requirements. Applicants will be interviewed by members of the PLP Selection Committee as part of the selection process. Students who have been accepted into other college-level leadership programs, and wish to transfer into CSU-Pueblo’s PLP must apply through the director, be interviewed by a PLP selection team, and will be accepted at the discretion of this committee based on the admissions criteria required of first-year students, as noted below.
Potential scholars must be admitted to Colorado State University-Pueblo as first-time, full-time students. Applications to the PLP must demonstrate academic excellence, leadership potential, and community service experience.
In addition to meeting the minimum academic requirements for admission to the President’s Leadership Program, students must submit the following:
- PLP Application Form (available online on the CSU-Pueblo website).
- Essay on a Leadership Topic (see application form).
- Resume (including personal objectives, education, work experience, school and community leadership experiences, honors and awards).
- Two letters of recommendation from professionals (teachers, principals, pastors, employers, etc.).
- Copy of Official High School Transcript.
There are rolling deadlines. To meet the preferred deadline, application materials must be postmarked and/or received by the President’s Leadership Program Office or the CSU-Pueblo Office of Admissions by March 1st. The second deadline is May 1st. The applications will be screened and interviews with the Selection Committee will be scheduled.