Technology Group Rooms are available on the first and second floors of the LARC.
||122 and 136
||Provide projector, screen, presenter workstation, table and chairs. These two rooms are designed for practicing presentations, but might also be useful for study groups.|
||121 and 127
||Each includes one PC, one MAC, one scanner, and a 55” flat panel monitor mounted on the wall. Computers in these rooms are loaded with Adobe Creative Suite 4 -Master Collection software.|
||128 and 137
||Each includes one PC, one Blu-ray player, one DVD/VHS player, and a 55” flat panel monitor mounted on the wall. These rooms are designed for faculty and students who need to view DVD’s or listen to audio recordings, but may also be used for other computing needs.|
To reserve a room, call the LARC Information Desk at 719-549-2451
Library Study Room Policy
Polices for Study Rooms with Special Technology (1st and 2nd Floors)
- The rooms may be reserved for up to 3 hours at a time and may be renewed once if the room is available.
- Technology support for these rooms is provided at the LARC Technology Help Desk.
- Users should check in at the Technology Help Desk at the time of their reservations and provide a University ID.
- The person under whose name the reservation is made will be responsible for missing or damaged equipment throughout the duration of the reservation period and will be required to sign a form stating their agreement to this responsibility.
- Help Desk staff will verify the reservation, open the study room, and check the equipment. Upon check-out Help Desk staff will verify that no equipment is missing or damaged.
- If the person reserving the room has not checked in within 15 minutes following his/her reservation, the room will be deemed available for use.