All non-resident immigrants who are present in the United States 180 days or more within one calendar year are required to file income tax returns for that year. This remains true even if no American-based income was earned/financial aid received within that same period of time.

All American-based scholarship funding is considered income and must be declared. Although most scholarships, including the IA Grant, are tax free, verification of such must be provided with your income tax returns. Also, if a student's home country has a current tax treaty agreement with the United States, income tax obligations may be reduced.

Visit the International Student Advisor at CSU-Pueblo for the appropriate forms to complete for income tax purposes.