- All links to external websites should open in a new window or tab.
- Use only Heading 2, Heading 3, and Heading 4 in descending order.
- This means that you should avoid using Heading 3 if you have not yet used Heading 2.
- Do not use Heading 1.
- highlight any elements of the text.
- underline any elements of the text.
- bold any elements of the text.
- modify the color of the text.
- WRITE IN ALL CAPS.
- Unless otherwise noted, all .doc and .docx files should be converted to .pdf format before uploading.
- Do not leave spaces in filenames when uploading to CMS. Either use PascalCase, hyphens-in-filenames, or underscores_in_filenames.
- Avoid including dates in filenames unless necessary.
Click on each of the following links to see a sample image for each guideline.
- Profile images:
- Site elements:
How to upload images:
- Click "Site Actions" on the editing ribbon.
- Click "Manage Content and Structure."
- Select the word "Images" on the right-hand side.
- Click the "New" button and then click "Item."
- Click the "Browse" button.
- Navigate to the image you want to upload, click on it, and click "Open." Click "OK."
- Change the content type to "Images."
- Click "Save."
- Click the down arrow on the filename of the image and select "Submit for Approval." Click "OK."
- Click "Start."
How to add an image to a page:
- Select the "Insert" tab on the editing ribbon.
- Select "Picture" and then select "From SharePoint."
- Double-click on "Images."
- Double-click on the image you want to add.
After adding images to a page, ensure that each image has "alt text." Alt text is a brief description of the contents of an image embedded into the image itself. This is an important component of the website because not only does it display a description of the image when images have been turned off in a web browser, but more importantly, it allows screen readers to read the description that has been entered into an image. This can help improve the website's accessibility to the visually impaired.
To add alt text to an image, click once on the image. Then click the "Design" tab on the editing ribbon. In the "Alt Text" box, enter a brief description of the contents of the image.
For more information, please visit our Accessibility Policies page.
- upload images larger than 650 px in either direction.
- resize photos using the CMS editor; instead, resize them before uploading by using a photo editing program such as Photoshop, Paint.NET, or GIMP.
- upload images that you do not own the copyright to.
For more information, please visit the Colorado State University-Pueblo Brand Identity Guide.
- Use the PMS or RGB colors for images.
- Use the web-safe colors for tables and text.
- In tables, do not alternate colors in each cell.
(Use for Prints)
(Safe for Web)
||207, 19, 38
||0, 41, 105