Computing resources such as the university network, e-mail, Administrative Information System (AIS) and other university software are important tools for serving the Colorado State University-Pueblo community. The access and use of university information and electronic resources must safeguard confidentiality.
The following code of conduct is expected to be followed by all individuals granted access to computing resources.
- University information is to be accessed and used for authorized activities only. Information of any type is not to be released for unauthorized or personal use.
- Each person granted access to university computing resources is responsible for knowing what information may be accessed and/or released. When unsure, the question should be resolved by the university employee responsible for that information. The university adheres to the "Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act" (FERPA) guidelines (refer to Educational section of the CSU-Pueblo Catalog).
- Each person granted access to university computing resources is responsible for adhering to ALL university policies including the "Electronic Communication Policy" and "Web Standards & Content Guidelines" (available on ITS website).
- User ID's and passwords are to be kept secure and protected from unauthorized use. User ID's and passwords are not to be shared nor expressed in any written from which may be in public view or access.
- System hardware and software components are to be protected. Workstations should not be left unattended while access to information is available. There should be no attempts to breach the security of any university computing resource.
- Supervisors are responsible for monitoring employees' and student employees' access and use of information, and to request the cancellation of access if the user resigns his/her responsibilities.
Any breach of these responsibilities will result in immediate revocation of access to ALL university computing resources and may result in further discipline including termination and/or legal action.
Users accepting this policy have acknowledged that they have read and understand the Colorado State University-Pueblo's policy for Computing Resource Access, and are aware of the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act, (FERPA), and university policies including the Electronic Communication Policy and the Web Standards & Content Guidelines. They also acknowledge that any breach of these responsibilities will result in further discipline including termination and/or legal action.