Being financially literate is a necessity in today’s world. Taking the time to evaluate your spending and borrowing choices today can put you on the road to financial independence in the future. Just a few of the financial topics you should be familiar with are budgeting, debt management, credit cards, credit reports, taxes, identify theft, saving & investing, and making major purchases. We also have highlighted other resources that may be helpful to you such as financial literacy programs and other relevant topics.
Free Online Information
Increase your financial I.Q. by attending free weekly or monthly webinars, or visit knowledge centers that make it easy to learn about financial basics. Each month offers a variety of different topics.
News and Articles
- Money Lessons for Every High School Graduate: Wall Street Journal Online, 05/22/2011
- Reject the "Everyone has Debt":; Mentality: affordanything.org, 05/18/2011
- Lessons From My Worst Money Blunders: :; Student Loans: www.csmonitor.com, 07/21/2010
- The Debt Trap: :; Given a Shovel, Americans Dig Deeper Into Debt: www.nytimes.com, 07/10/2008
- Student Loans Puts College Graduate Into Deep Financial Hole: www.post-gazette.com, 07/29/2009
- A '12 Monthly Guide to Maximizing Your Money: www.msnbc.com, 12/21/2011
- The Scene Inside was Chaos: www.homesite.com, 12/15/2011
- Six College Money Myths: www.foxbusiness.com, 06/24/2011
- Savings Tips for New College Grads: Forbes, 04/12/2012