PUEBLO – Colorado State University-Pueblo has been selected as one of 12 schools in the nation and the only Colorado school to participate in the Hispanic College Quiz series this fall. The show will be broadcast nationally during Hispanic Heritage Month airing Sept. 13-Oct. 19, 2014.
The Hispanic Association of Colleges and Universities (HACU) has partnered with Central City Productions on this show for the fourth year. Chicago-based Central City Productions, a leader in minority-targeted television, is the producer of the nationally televised Hispanic College Quiz and has partnered with HACU since 2007. Central City Productions supports HACU’s mission by enabling students from HACU-member institutions to participate and compete for scholarships in the show by demonstrating their knowledge of Latino history. The final broadcast schedule will be posted on HACU’s website.
This is the second straight year a CSU-Pueblo student was selected to participate. Rosa Ramos, a senior mass communications major from Rocky Ford, Colo., will represent CSU-Pueblo accompanied by Victoria Obregon, coordinator of the College Assistance Migrant Program (CAMP).
The participating institutions are:
- Carlos Albizu University, San Juan, Puerto Rico and Miami, Florida
- Colorado State University-Pueblo - Pueblo, Colorado
- Hudson County Community College – Jersey City, New Jersey
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology – Cambridge, Massachusetts
- NYC College of Technology – New York, New York
- San Jacinto College – North – Houston, Texas
- South Mountain Community College – Phoenix, Arizona
- St. Edward’s University – Austin, Texas
- St. Philip’s College – San Antonio, Texas
- University of California, Riverside – Riverside, California
- University of St. Francis – Joliet, Illinois
- University of the Pacific – Stockton, California