PUEBLO – Members of the Student Orchestra and String Quartet as well as faculty in the Department of Music at Colorado State University-Pueblo will perform while other music students will serve as recruitment ambassadors as part of the annual conference of the Colorado Music Educators Association (CMEA), being held this Thursday through Saturday, January 23-25, 2014, at the Broadmoor in Colorado Springs.
At 3 p.m. on Thursday, music department faculty Dr. Zahari Metchkov, harpsichord; and Daniel Brandt, violin, along with music student Rebecca Kuhens, flute, (Pueblo, sophomore) will perform J.S. Bach’s Brandenburg Concerto No. 5 in D Major followed by a performance of F.J. Haydn’s String Quartet Op. 76, No. 2 “Fifths” by the University Chamber Orchestra, conducted by Brandt. The University Chamber Orchestra and featured violin soloists Luke Tripp and Brandt will close out the concert with Vivaldi’s L’Estro Armonico, Concerto Op. 3, No. 8 in a minor for 2 Violins.
- Violins – Luke (Strcich) Tripp, sophomore, Colorado Springs; Michael Pacheco, junior, Walsenberg; Daniel Brandt (Faculty)
- Violas - Devin Joy, junior, Colorado Springs; Skyler Warren, freshman, Pueblo West
- Cellos – Nina Foster, freshman, Colorado Springs, Norah Clydesdale (Faculty)
- Bass – Andrew Watson, junior, Pueblo
Throughout the conference, members of the student chapter of the National Association for Music Education (NAfME) will operate a display booth on behalf of the CSU-Pueblo Department of Music. The CMEA conference serves as a significant outreach and recruiting opportunity for prospective students because attendees at the conference are primarily public school music teachers from across the state, while also serving as a professional development opportunity for current music education students, many of whom who will be entering the workforce in schools in attendance upon graduation.
- Joshua Ammeter, sophomore, Pueblo
- Taylor (Nicole) Whitaker- Barrett, freshman, Aurora
- Sarah Chandler, senior, Manitou Springs
- Ryan Crump, junior, Colorado Springs
- Paula Edens, sophomore, Pueblo
- Diedre Flemmer, senior, Pueblo West
- Joshua Floyd, senior, Peyton
- Jonathan Garcia, senior, Pueblo
- Celeste Johnson, senior, Pueblo
- Gavin Lucas, sophomore, Windsor
- David Moore, senior, Pueblo
- Dalan Neuenschwander, freshman, Colorado Springs
- Andres Ortiz-Gonzales, freshman, Pueblo
- Michael Pacheco, junior, Walsenberg
- Kameron Schmidt, sophomore, Pueblo West
- Jeremy VanGelder, freshman, Canon City
- Andrew Watson, junior, Pueblo