CSU-Pueblo first in Colorado to launch FREE iPhone Application
PUEBLO – Colorado State University-Pueblo has become the first university in Colorado to launch its own free iPhone application. This application provides mobile access to the latest information about courses, faculty, athletics, calendar of events and even videos. It is available for download FREE in the iTunes Store.
Student leaders at the University recognized the need for this initiative to help connect today’s technologically savvy students and funded the program development from student fees. This innovative mobile phone service provides students with quick and easy access to information about the University virtually anywhere they are.
“This app recognizes the active and busy lifestyle of our students, and ensures that they are able to get the most from the latest advancements in technology,” said Steve Titus, president of Associated Students’ Government.
The application provides a wide range of services from locating a faculty member’s telephone number or email and upcoming events to previewing courses in the University catalog:
• Use the map to search buildings on campus, pinpoint them on the map and see your relative location. Particularly handy if you’re on campus and need of directions.
• A built-in directory allows you to search CSU-Pueblo faculty and staff. Locate their contact information, save them as contacts on your iPhone, and email or call them at your leisure.
• The events section keeps you up-to-date on educational, cultural, and social events occurring on campus.
• The Courses section can be used to access the entire CSU-Pueblo course catalog. Full descriptions, times, and locations are listed for each and every course. The app allows you to plot the location of the course on the map, or tap to contact the professor.
• The athletics section. Use it to stay on top of CSU-Pueblo athletics news with schedules and the latest scores for ThunderWolf contests no matter if they’re playing at home or away.
The application, which can be downloaded for free, from the iTunes App Store, is compatible with both the iPhone and iPod touch. For those who do not use an iPhone/iPod Touch, a mobile version will be available: mobile.colostate-pueblo.edu, and will contain much of the same information as the iPhone app. The web site with complete details is: http://www.colostate-pueblo.edu/twolvesmobile
Titus said that students were excited that their initiative resulted in the University being the first in the state of Colorado to develop and offer their own, comprehensive, University iPhone app feature. Several Colorado universities offer apps for a fee that have been produced by private vendors. The application is far from complete with additional features under consideration, including library archives, dining card options, etc.
For additional information on the content or development of the iPhone application, contact Jeff Miller, web communications manager, at 719-549-2854 or firstname.lastname@example.org