With the reintroduction of several new sports at Colorado State University-Pueblo in 2008 and following the University’s name change in 2003, the University is seeking a fight song to call its own. All entries should be submitted by Dec. 14, 2007 to:
One contestant will receive the choice of a $250 prize, or a $1,000 scholarship to attend CSU-Pueblo by creating the winning song. The winner will be announced and the fight song performed at an event in early spring, 2008. The winner also will be featured in an upcoming issue of the University’s alumni magazine and on the University’s web site.
Members of the student organization Collegiate Music Educators approached the administration with the desire for a fight song and to help coordinate the contest. The competition is open to the public and will run from Nov. 1 through Dec. 14, 2007. The winning entry will be selected by a campus committee, which reserves the right to reject any or all entries. The number of entries is limited to one per musician or lyricist. All entries become the property of CSU-Pueblo. Since the university will be sole owner of entries, submissions are not subject to joint ownership or interest. Entries will not be returned. By submitting an entry, participants agree to all the terms of the contest, which are included in the attached document.
The following items should be considered in the development of entries for the CSU-Pueblo Fight Song Contest. Contest entries:
• Should be no more than 50 measures.
• Should serve as an appropriate representation of the University.
• Should convey a positive image appropriate for use with both men’s and women’s sports teams that compete in NCAA Division II Rocky Mountain Athletic Conference.
• Must include the words CSU-Pueblo or Colorado State University-Pueblo, and may include Pack, Wolf Pack, Thunderwolves, or T-Wolves. Should NOT include C-S-U-P.
• May also include reference to the school’s colors of red and blue.
• Should be recorded on a tape or DVD accompanied by sheet music and associated lyrics.
• Can be an original score or melody from another source that uses original lyrics. If using an existing melody, it should not be associated with any other Colorado institution of higher education.
• Are subject to modification and refinement. The University reserves the right to modify or adapt the winning entry to create the final version of the fight song.
• Should include the entrant’s name, address, e-mail office and home telephone numbers.
CSU-Pueblo Fight Song Competition
2200 Bonforte Blvd.
Pueblo, CO 81001
Colorado State University - Pueblo is a regional, comprehensive university emphasizing professional, career-oriented, and applied programs. Displaying excellence in teaching, celebrating diversity, and engaging in service and outreach, CSU-Pueblo is distinguished by access, opportunity, and the overall quality of services provided to its students.