The Students’ Choice Outstanding Faculty and Staff awards recognize and reward faculty and professional/classified staff for their devotion to the students of CSU-Pueblo. Among the characteristics essential for this award is advocacy, thoughtfulness, exceptional dedication and responsibility for the comforting atmosphere at CSU-Pueblo.
- Outstanding Faculty Member (teacher/professor/lecture)
- Outstanding Professional or Classified Staff
CRITERIA- Candidate should meet a majority of the following criterion:
- Have a relationship with students that encourage and promote scholastic professorial excellence.
- Demonstrate caring and thoughtfulness when interacting with students.
- Displays student advocacy
- Encourage student goals and aspirations
- Provide a direct impact on student success
- Sense of fairness and compassion for the University community as a whole
Any CSU-Pueblo student may nominate a CSU-Pueblo faculty and staff member who has been employed with the University for at least one year.
Please follow these guidelines in submitting nominations to ensure fairness in the selection process:
* Nominations should state qualifications for the award, including specific examples/rationale as they relate to the criteria for the award. General positive comments – while complimentary – do not aid in establishing how and why the nominee deserves an award.
Associated Students’ Government Senators solicit student nominations. The selection will begin with collaboration between the President, Vice President and Speaker to narrow down nominations. The three will then submit their recommendation to the Senate.
* The winners will be recognized as part of the Faculty-Staff Recognition luncheon in April.
Nominations due to the ASG Office: March 12